The three-day workshop aims to provide an understanding of fashion design through three-dimensional experimentation. Students will learn about the principles of fashion design by experimenting with fabric directly onto the mannequin, allowing for an instant visualization of ideas, as they would appear on the body.
Students will drape, gather, pleat and pin fabric to develop shapes and silhouettes, and will then develop experimental ideas on paper to create a capsule collection of draped designs.
Addressed to: All creative professionals and students interested in Fashion
Methods: Lecture and hands on workshop
Requirements: To be announced
Price: JD 120
تهدف ورشة التصميم على المانيكان التي مدتها ثلاثة أيام الى تعريف الطلاب على مبادئ تصميم الأزياء من خلال ترتيب القماش مباشرة على المانيكان، مما يسمح بتصور فوري للأفكار كما تظهر على الجسم.
سيقوم الطلاب بلف القماش وتجميعه وطيه وتثبيته لتطوير الأشكال والصور الظلية، ثم سيقومون بتطوير أفكار تجريبية على الورق لإنشاء مجموعة من التصاميم الكاملة.
موجهة إلى: جميع المهنيين المبدعين والطلاب المهتمين بالأزياء
الأساليب: محاضرة وورشة عملية
المتطلبات: سيتم الإعلان عنها لاحقًا
التكلفة: ١٢٠ دينار
Edelina Joyce Issa is an Anglo-Jordanian Womenswear designer, stylist, instructor and consultant. Born and raised in Jordan, Edelina looked to pursue an education in Fashion, which she gained over 6 years at University in London. During her Fashion education in London, Issa worked for brands such as Mother of Pearl, George, Hollister, and Abercrombie & Fitch. Her graduate collection was showcased at Graduate Fashion Week in London 2013, the world’s leading event in representing the very best of future creative design talent within fashion around the world.
Registration terms & conditions:
You can register and pay in cash or cheque at DIAmman.
Tel. (06) 462-4625, mobile (079)714 2020.
- Fees must be paid in full before attending the first session.
- Since space is limited, early registration is advised as we follow a first come, first serve policy.”
- A non refundable JD 50 registration fee is required.
- Registration deadline is one week before the first day of the course.
- Should you withdraw from the course before the registration deadline and paid the full amount, the institute will retain the JD 50 registration fee.
- Should you withdraw from the class after the registration deadline you will be eligible to receive 50% of the total fees, unless you have a medical problem or an unforeseen circumstance (death in the family, accident, etc). In order to receive a refund, all necessary documentation must be presented.
- You are not eligible to withdraw or transfer to another class once you attend the first session.
- In the case of course cancellation by the institute, registered students are notified by email and given a full refund or credit towards another course.
- The institute may postpone a course no later than one week before it starts if there is low demand. You can either transfer onto another available course, or wait for the next term.