-Introduction to surface pattern design ; presentation on different products, different types of repeat pattern styles (geometric, floral, diagonal, etc.)
1-Quick introduction on pattern collections which consist of 4 elements; the Hero Pattern (main pattern) Secondary, Blender pattern and spot graphic.
2-choosing a topic/theme/idea and creating a mood board
3- sketching the elements and motifs
4- Assignment for the next day: to get 2 or more images that are aesthetically pleasing, in terms of colors.
-Recap and introducing the plan of the day with a demo on how to create a simple repeat pattern (with two variations) on illustrator, in addition, to create different color options with the
Recolor Artwork tool.
1- Importing sketches to illustrator
2- assembling of the Hero pattern and coloring.
3- creating variations of the Hero pattern, with different color options and layouts.
-Create the rest of the collection: 1- create the secondary pattern 2- create the blender patterns
3- create the spot graphic
3- Naming the pattern/ collection
4- Showcasing the patterns
Talar a Jordanian born, with Armenian roots, is an interior designer by degree and an art lover by heart. While practicing her field of work, Talar also spends time creating digital illustrations and patterns and art that are inspired by nature. Her favorite medium to work with is watercolor because of its translucency and the amazing possibilities that can be derived from this medium. In addition to that, she has launched her stationery collection as part of Talar Tokajian lifestyle brand. The collection is inspired by symbols from the Armenian culture, especially the pomegranate.
You can register and pay in cash or cheque at DIAmman.
Tel. (06) 462-4625, mobile (079)714 2020.
Registration terms & conditions:
• Since space is limited early registration is advised as we follow a “first come, first serve policy”.
• Fees must be paid in full upon registration.
• Should you withdraw from the class before the registration deadline and paid the full amount, you will only be eligible to receive 50% of the total fees.
• Should you withdraw from the class after the registration deadline you will not be eligible to receive a refund unless you have a medical problem or an unforeseen circumstance (death in the family, accident, etc). In order to receive a refund, all necessary documentation must be presented.
• In the case of workshop cancellation by Design Institute Amman, registered students are notified by email and given a full refund of the workshop fee or credit towards another workshop or course.
• We may cancel a course no later than one week before it starts if there is low demand for the course. We will notify you by email. You can either transfer onto another available course, or wait for the next term.
• Registration deadline is 2 weeks before the first day of the workshop.