This three-day workshop offers advanced training in designing Arabic typefaces, and is open to designers with a strong interest in typography, or with previous experience in Arabic type design wishing to advance their design and technical skills.
The workshop will address both the design and technical aspect of the process of conceptualizing, creating and producing an Arabic typeface; with a specific emphasis on conceiving creative display font styles that are missing from the range of Arabic fonts available in the market.
Date: October 9th – 11th | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Fees: JD 350 (Early registration JD 300 deadline September 16th)
Addressed to: All creative professionals and students with a solid knowledge in Adobe Illustrator and the ability to draw letter forms.
Methods: Lectures, Discussions, Design studio working sessions
Requirements: Laptops; Adobe Illustrator, Sketch book and a variety of pens / markers and pencils.
Tarek Atrissi is the founder of Netherlands-based design studio, Tarek Atrissi Design (www.atrissi.com), established in 2000. His work has been exhibited in a group exhibition at the Guggenheim Museum in New York and is in the permanent Design collection of the Affiche Museum in Holland. He has held two solo exhibitions displaying his graphic and typographic work: the first at the VCU Qatar Gallery in Doha, and the second in Amsterdam at the Delevante Foundation in Amsterdam.
You can register and pay in cash or cheque at Design Institute Amman. Tel. (06) 462-4625, mobile (079)714 2020.
Registration terms & conditions:
• Since space is limited early registration is advised as we follow a “first come, first serve policy”.
• In order to secure a spot a non- refundable 50% of the total amount as a downpayment is required before or by the registration deadline.
• Should you withdraw from the class before the registration deadline and paid the full amount, you will only be eligible to receive 50% of the total fees.
• Should you withdraw from the class after the registration deadline you will not be eligible to receive a refund unless you have a medical problem or an unforeseen circumstance (death in the family, accident, etc). In order to receive a refund, all necessary documentation must be presented.
• In the case of workshop cancellation by Design Institute Amman, registered students are notified by email and given a full refund of the workshop fee or credit towards another workshop or course.
• We may cancel a course no later than one week before it starts if there is low demand for the course. We will notify you by email. You can either transfer onto another available course, or wait for the next term.
• Registration deadline is 2 weeks before the first day of the workshop.