The two-day workshop aims to provide an understanding of fashion design through three-dimensional experimentation. Students will learn about the principles of fashion design by experimenting with fabric directly onto the mannequin, allowing for an instant visualization of ideas, as they would appear on the body.
Students will drape, gather, pleat and pin fabric to develop shapes and silhouettes, and will then develop experimental ideas on paper to create a capsule collection of draped designs.
August 27th -28th | 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
October 5th – 6th | 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Fees: JD 100
Addressed to: All creative professionals and students interested in Fashion
Methods: Lecture and hands on workshop
Requirements: To be announced
Edelina Joyce Issa is an Anglo-Jordanian Womenswear designer, stylist, instructor and consultant.
Born and raised in Jordan, Edelina looked to pursue an education in Fashion, which she gained over 6 years at University in London. During her Fashion education in London, Issa worked for brands such as Mother of Pearl, George, Hollister, and Abercrombie & Fitch. Her graduate collection was showcased at Graduate Fashion Week in London 2013, the world’s leading event in representing the very best of future creative design talent within fashion around the world. GFW is where she became a finalist for the Fashion Innovation Award gaining recognition by Vogue, Glamour, and the Guardian.
Edelina was then recommended for a position at Victoria Beckham, where she worked for three years.
Edelina participated in Amman Design Week 2016 showcasing three pieces inspired by the traditional thobe, and the simplicity with which it creates a versatility of shape and form. In 2017 Issa will be mentoring Fashion Design applicants for the Amman Design Week 2017 newly introduced Student Exhibition.
Edelina also works as a freelance Fashion Stylist and Design Consultant, and teaches Fashion Design and Fashion Sewing at the Design Institute Amman.
Launching her eponymous RTW label ‘Edelina Joyce’ in Jordan, May 2017, Issa’s work combines a modern conceptual vision, with a minimal classic design aesthetic.
You can register and pay in cash or cheque at Design Institute Amman. Tel. (06) 462-4625, mobile (079)714 2020.
Registration terms & conditions:
• Since space is limited early registration is advised as we follow a “first come, first serve policy”.
• In order to secure a spot a non- refundable 50% of the total amount as a downpayment is required before or by the registration deadline.
• Should you withdraw from the class before the registration deadline and paid the full amount, you will only be eligible to receive 50% of the total fees.
• Should you withdraw from the class after the registration deadline you will not be eligible to receive a refund unless you have a medical problem or an unforeseen circumstance (death in the family, accident, etc). In order to receive a refund, all necessary documentation must be presented.
• In the case of workshop cancellation by Design Institute Amman, registered students are notified by email and given a full refund of the workshop fee or credit towards another workshop or course.
• We may cancel a course no later than one week before it starts if there is low demand for the course. We will notify you by email. You can either transfer onto another available course, or wait for the next term.
• Registration deadline is 2 weeks before the first day of the workshop.