The latest research in Fashion is on fabric. Creating new structured, textures and surfaces is a new challenge and a big resource for designers. Pleating, stitching, folding, cutting, layering, distressing, embroidering.
In this workshop participants will be experimenting with swatches and applying different treatments/manipulations that can change the surface of the fabric and create new textures. Participants are encouraged to translate their personal design concept into texture, using the techniques shown.
Date: October 6th – 8th | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Cost: JD 250
Addressed to: All creative professionals and students interested in Fabric
Methods: Lecture and hands on workshop
Requirements: To be announced
Caterina Filice is an Italian designer who has worked in set costume and textile design. As a fashion designer, she has worked on total-look womenswear collections and men’s knitwear collections (cancel comma) for Italian and international high-end and casual brands. Her interest is now focused on projects that combine fashion and sustainability. She has worked as a consultant for the United Nations Organization for Industrial Development (UNIDO) on the project “Creative Mediterranean: Creativity through Resilience” based in Jordan. Under her direction and in collaboration with local fashion designers and manufacturing companies, the first womenswear brand completely designed and made in Jordan for international markets was launched. JO! By Creative Jordan will be sold for spring/summer 2018.
You can register and pay in cash or cheque at Design Institute Amman. Tel. (06) 462-4625, mobile (079)714 2020.
Registration terms & conditions:
• Since space is limited early registration is advised as we follow a “first come, first serve policy”.
• In order to secure a spot a non- refundable 50% of the total amount as a downpayment is required before or by the registration deadline.
• Should you withdraw from the class before the registration deadline and paid the full amount, you will only be eligible to receive 50% of the total fees.
• Should you withdraw from the class after the registration deadline you will not be eligible to receive a refund unless you have a medical problem or an unforeseen circumstance (death in the family, accident, etc). In order to receive a refund, all necessary documentation must be presented.
• In the case of workshop cancellation by Design Institute Amman, registered students are notified by email and given a full refund of the workshop fee or credit towards another workshop or course.
• We may cancel a course no later than one week before it starts if there is low demand for the course. We will notify you by email. You can either transfer onto another available course, or wait for the next term.
• Registration deadline is 2 weeks before the first day of the workshop.