This course introduces CAD 3D modelling for design visualisation. Hands-on instruction will focus on digitally modelling a design with rectilinear and non-rectilinear geometry. Students will learn advanced techniques in 3D software and further explore and build their ideas and digitally model and prepare files for presentation and fabrication. By the end of the course students will be able to design, model and render designs and learn basic fabrication techniques.
Requirements: Students should have basic knowledge of computers and file management.
تصميم المجوهرات ثلاثي الابعاد (على الكمبيوتر) | ٤٤ ساعة :
مقدمة في تصميم المجوهرات ثلاثية الابعاد. هذه الدورة هي مقدمة في النمذجة ثلاثية الأبعاد لتصّور التصميم باستخدام برامج ثلاثي الابعاد. سوف تركز الدورة على التدريب العملي على نمذجة التصاميم رقميا باستخدام الهندسة المستقيمة وغير المستقيمة بما في ذلك إعداد التصاميم للتصنيع والعرض. هذه الدورة تعلم تقنيات متقدمة في برنامج ثلاثي الابعاد. سيقوم الطلاب مواصلة استكشاف وبناء أفكارهم ورسمها على الكمبيوترلإعداد الملفات للعرض والتصنيع.
المتطلبات: يجب أن يكون لدى الطلاب معرفة أساسية باستخدام جهاز الكمبيوتر وإدارة الملفات.
Adressed to: Students who have a basic background in Jewellery Design or have taken Jewellery Design I.
Teaching methods: Hands on drawing & lectures.
Participants are required to bring:
Geometry ruler set (2 small triangles, 50 cm ruler, protractor)
French curve ruler set
Two large triangles
Circle & ellipse template
0.35 mechanical pencil (HB lead)
0.5 mechanical pencil (HB lead)
HB & B pencils or clutch pencil with HB & B lead
0.1 black ink pen
A3 soft paper sketchbook
A3 hard paper sketchbook
Water colour pencils
White water colour paint
Thin paintbrush (size 0 or 00)
NOTE: We may cancel a course no later than one week before it starts if there is low demand for the course. We will notify you by email. You can either transfer onto another available course, or wait for the next term.
About Instructor Carmela Pipicelli
Studied at the State Institute of art “P. Panetta ” Locri (RC), Italy Diploma of Art Metals and Jewelry 1997-2002. Trained at FOR.AL, educational institution of Valenza, Italy. Attained her qualification level denomination Goldsmith & Designer with qualification level Specialization and her Qualification level denomination Technical embedding and jewellery typical Valencian with qualification level Specialization.
Worked at Zanotto & Co. Valenza, Italy, as a Goldsmith & Jewellery Designer for 4 years. In 2008 she moved to Amman where she started working with Karam Imseeh Jewellery Amman and in 2012 at Nabeel Sakkijha Jewellery as a designer and quality control.
Her experience in stone setting, wax modelling and computer modelling (3DMax & Rhinoceros for Jewellery and Rendering) allows her to be on top of her career designing collections and developing them into product lines.
You can register and pay only in cash or cheque at Design Institute Amman. Tel. (06) 462-4625, mobile (079)714-2020
Registration terms & conditions:
• Since space is limited early registration is advised as we follow a “first come, first serve policy”.
• Fees must be paid in full upon registration.
• Should you withdraw from the class before the registration deadline and paid the full amount, you will only be eligible to receive 50% of the total fees.
• Should you withdraw from the class after the registration deadline you will not be eligible to receive a refund unless you have a medical problem or an unforeseen circumstance (death in the family, accident, etc). In order to receive a refund, all necessary documentation must be presented.
• In the case of workshop cancellation by Design Institute Amman, registered students are notified by email and given a full refund of the workshop fee or credit towards another workshop or course.
• We may cancel a course no later than one week before it starts if there is low demand for the course, we will notify you by email. You can either transfer onto another available course, or wait for the next term.
• Registration deadline is 10 days before the first day of the workshop.