This Jewellery making program is addressed to all creatives that have an interest in learning and understanding the world of jewellery.
Methods: Hands on lab practice & lectures.
Requirements: Participants are required to purchase a basic Jeweller’s kit. More information will be sent upon registration.
Objective: To learn the fundamentals of Jewellery making by creating jewellery pieces.
The program consists of courses where participants will be working with silver to create their own designs:
In this course students will learn all the basic techniques of Jewellery making using silver by making a pendant, a ring with a bezel, earrings and a solitaire ring and sculpting wax using different techniques.
JM I: Cut shapes, pierce, solder and polish to make a pendant.
JM II: Bend metal, pull wire, make a bezel and set a stone to make a ring.
JM III: Cut, pierce, solder and polish identical pieces to make an earring.
JM IV: Make a crown for a solitaire ring.
JM V: Sculpt and model wax to make a ring.
JM VI: Design using different wax blocks, sheets and wire to create wax models.
- Participants who wish to continue with the advanced courses are required to finish the first two courses (JMI and JMII).
- There will be a discount for participants that register for more than one short course:
- a. 10% discount for 2 courses
- b. 12% discount for 3 courses
- c. 15% discount for 4 courses
- d. 18% discount for 5 courses
- e. 20% discount for 6 courses
Studied at the State Institute of art “P. Panetta ” Locri (RC), Italy Diploma of Art Metals and Jewelry 1997-2002. Trained at FOR.AL, educational institution of Valenza, Italy. Attained her qualification level denomination Goldsmith & Designer with qualification level Specialization and her Qualification level denomination Technical embedding and jewellery typical Valencian with qualification level Specialization.
Worked at Zanotto & Co. Valenza, Italy, as a Goldsmith & Jewellery Designer for 4 years. In 2008 she moved to Amman where she started working with Karam Imseeh Jewellery Amman and in 2012 at Nabeel Sakkijha Jewellery as a designer and quality control.
Her experience in stone setting, wax modelling and computer modelling (3DMax & Rhinoceros for Jewellery and Rendering) allows her to be on top of her career designing collections and developing them into product lines.
You can register and pay only in cash or cheque at Design Institute Amman. Tel. (06) 462-4625, mobile (079)714-2020
Registration terms & conditions:
• Since space is limited early registration is advised as we follow a “first come, first serve policy”.
• In order to secure a spot a non- refundable 50% of the total amount as a downpayment is required before or by the registration deadline.
• Should you withdraw from the class before the registration deadline and paid the full amount, you will only be eligible to receive 50% of the total fees.
• Should you withdraw from the class after the registration deadline you will not be eligible to receive a refund unless you have a medical problem or an unforeseen circumstance (death in the family, accident, etc). In order to receive a refund, all necessary documentation must be presented.
• In the case of workshop cancellation by Design Institute Amman, registered students are notified by email and given a full refund of the workshop fee or credit towards another workshop or course.
• We may cancel a course no later than one week before it starts if there is low demand for the course. We will notify you by email. You can either transfer onto another available course, or wait for the next term.
• Registration deadline is 10 days before the first day of the workshop.