The course is divided into 2 parts, the first consists of two standard courses and the second consists of one advanced course.
Part A (1) – Research and ideation:
Part (A) of the course will show you how to come up with an idea and turn it into a presentable product pitch. This process will teach you how to perform phase one of the design process when it comes to designing a product for a client or business, through learning how to assess an idea through market research, user research, and field research, and then developing it and start putting it on paper. You will also learn how to give constructive criticism and engage in a group critique.
Programs used – Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign or similar program.
Part B (1) – Sketching and mock ups:
Part (B) of the course will show you how to develop your product pitch into a sellable and producible design. This course covers the second and third phase of the design process, and includes learning how to create and refine concept sketches, design sketches and simple physical mock-ups. You will also learn the correct way to present your product idea to a potential client or investor.
Programs used – Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator, Adobe InDesign or similar program.
Part 2 – Advanced course – Rhino
Part 2 of the course will show you how to take your product design and turn it into a CAD model. You will also learn how to create photo-realistic renderings of your design and be able to use them to market your idea.
The course will also cover creating 3D printing files.
Programs used – Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
You can register and pay only in cash or cheque at Design Institute Amman. Tel. (06) 462-4625, mobile (079)714-2020
Registration terms & conditions:
• Since space is limited early registration is advised as we follow a “first come, first serve policy”.
• In order to secure a spot a non- refundable 50% of the total amount as a downpayment is required before or by the registration deadline.
• Should you withdraw from the class before the registration deadline and paid the full amount, you will only be eligible to receive 50% of the total fees.
• Should you withdraw from the class after the registration deadline you will not be eligible to receive a refund unless you have a medical problem or an unforeseen circumstance (death in the family, accident, etc). In order to receive a refund, all necessary documentation must be presented.
• In the case of workshop cancellation by Design Institute Amman, registered students are notified by email and given a full refund of the workshop fee or credit towards another workshop or course.
• We may cancel a course no later than one week before it starts if there is low demand for the course. We will notify you by email. You can either transfer onto another available course, or wait for the next term.
• Registration deadline is 10 days before the first day of the workshop.